Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Music.

Music is a big part of my life. Mainly just listening to it and discovering new bands. Yeah not one of those edgy people creating music myself on some crazy technology in my bedroom in the hope of one day getting it out to the masses. I'm a kind of indie/alternative kind of girl, with a dash of electronic (think Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, The XX etc.). I also love a good dance track and OCCASIONALLY a pop song. It is my life ambition to see Radiohead live. I NEED TO DO IT. Typical they will be playing the O2 in London in my freshers week at uni. But I will do it one day. Preferably when I find someone who loves them as much as I do, to come with me. Harder than it sounds when you mostly attract girls as your close friends and they just rattle on about the latest Rihanna song. 
Anyway I basically listen to music 24/7. The minute I wake up I turn on the laptop open itunes and start listening. And it is in fact true that once I find a song I like I will listen to it A LOT (eg. Adele- Rolling in the Deep (Jamie XX Remix)- listened to 116 times in the space of a year).
I would go to more festivals to see my favourite bands, but quite frankly the "proper" festivals like Reading and Leeds, Glastonbury etc., are RIDICULOUSLY expensive and I hate camping. However the best gig I have been to in my short life was Arcade Fire- BLOODY AMAZING. The O2 arena was packed and I genuinely got goosebumps listening to them! Bands over pop artists any day!
So here I present to you (my second list)-
MY TOP TEN BANDS: (no specfic order)

  • Radiohead
  • Arcade Fire
  • Kasabian
  • Bombay Bicycle Club
  • The Naked and Famous
  • The Joy Formidable
  • Sleigh Bells
  • The Black Keys
  • Everything Everything
  • Two Door Cinema Club
Ok, that was really hard. Just so you know Oasis, Bloc Party, The Horrors and Muse were not far off. But I had to restrict myself to just the ten. SO SORRY.
So to summarise- I love music, and no I'm not starting a band. Or camping.
BIG KISSES

No comments:

Post a Comment